Re: Adding data from mysql to postgresql periodically

От Robert Hodges
Тема Re: Adding data from mysql to postgresql periodically
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Nov 14, 2010, at 4:44 AM PST, franrtorres77 wrote:

> Hi there
>
> I need to add periodically some data from a remote mysql database into our
> postgresql database. So, does anyone know how to do it having in mind that
> it must be runned every minute or so for adding new records to the
> postresql?

Have you looked at Tungsten to replicate from MySQL to PostgreSQL?  Linas Virbalas and I did a talk on using Tungsten
toreplicate out of MySQL and into PostgreSQL at PG-West.  (URL:
https://www.postgresqlconference.org/content/liberating-your-data-mysql-cross-database-replication-rescue) Linas posted
theslides but I don't see them on the PG-West site yet.  If you send a mail off-list we would be happy to send slides.
Linas will be doing a similar talk at PG-Day EU in Stuttgart next month.

The software we discussed is open source and available from SourceForge.net at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tungsten/. We are doing some commercial work to replicate into Greenplum and will keep
buildingout the generic MySQL to PostgreSQL replication along the way.

Cheers, Robert Hodges

Disclosure:  Linas and I both work on Tungsten for Continuent.