Re: BUG #18018: Homebrew link is broken

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: BUG #18018: Homebrew link is broken
Дата
Re: BUG #18018: Homebrew link is broken  ("Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-bugs
> On 11 Jul 2023, at 20:14, Gurjeet Singh <gurjeet@singh.im> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 11, 2023 at 3:29 AM PG Bug reporting form
> <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

>>> A list of PostgreSQL packages can be found using the Braumeister search
>> tool.
>>
>> And the link is https://formulae.brew.sh/formula/postgresql.
>>
>> However, the link is broken. Please consider changing the link. Thanks.
>
> Homebrew does not (no longer?) provides a formula named postgresql;
> instead, it provides a formula for each of the Postgres major
> versions.

> Perhaps this webpage can provide the brew command to list available
> formulae, and advise to install one from the result.

I'm not sure it's worth complicating this too much, including brew commands
means we need to keep up with brew development to make they are still relevant.

Since the package page for the postgresql15 package lists all the other
postgresqlXX packages available, why not just link to that (changing it to @16
when that's available on brew)?  The page also doesn't say Braumeister
anywhere, so we should perhaps change that while at it?

The attached small diff updates the link with the above. Thoughts?

--
Daniel Gustafsson

Вложения