Re: tsearch2

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: tsearch2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jun 14, 2006, at 6:29 PM, Chris Hoover wrote:

> How do you set it up to search for "how now brown cow" vs how now
> brown cow?  The first example is looking for the exact phrase of
> words, while the second is just looking for all of the works.

Your select would have two conditions, one to find rows with the
words using the tsearch2 index and then a filtering condition (e.g.
AND like '%how now brown cow%'). How effective this is depends a lot
on your data, but it works well as long as the indexed search can
return a reasonably small set for the sequential scan on the
filtering condition.

There is an example in the documentation if you need more details.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL