Re: Why facebook used mysql ?

От Scott Ribe
Тема Re: Why facebook used mysql ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Nov 9, 2010, at 7:04 AM, Allan Kamau wrote:

> have come up with a few
> (possibly wrong) theories.

They all sound reasonable. I think you missed an important one though: aggressive (and even sometimes outright false)
promotionand sales by the company MySQL AB.

Why I started looking at databases, you didn't have to look very hard to find PostgreSQL, but you did have to at least
makea minimal effort.

Also, my understanding is that if you go way back on the PostgreSQL timeline to versions 6 and earliest 7.x, it was a
littleshaky. (I started with 7.3 or 7.4, and it has been rock solid.)

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com