Re: cached plan must not change result type

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: cached plan must not change result type
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Sat, 2024-03-30 at 08:27 -0400, Dave Cramer wrote:
> > On Fri, 29 Mar 2024 at 19:42, James Pang <jamespang886@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > we did DDL "alter table ... alter column increase varchar(512) to varchar(1024)",
> > > after that done, hours later, new query select on this table still failed this error.
> > > From this https://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/server-prepare/#re-execution-of-failed-statements ,
> > > looks like pgjdbc try to handle this exception and retry, but in our case, it did not happen.
> > > Could you direct me how to make this retry work?
> > > we only want new transactions,queries work that after the DDL changes.
>
> I think the best option for you is to turn off server side prepared statements with prepareThreshold=0

An alternative option is to take downtime for DDL and restart the application.
Or to chppse the appropriate data type right away: in your case, that would
have been "text".

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Сообщение: Re: cached plan must not change result type
Сообщение: Re: cached plan must not change result type