Re: Can you run out of oids?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Can you run out of oids?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Chris Hoover" <revoohc@gmail.com> writes:
> Since we upgraded to 8.1.3, I noticed that I can create tables without an
> oid column.  I am wondering if I should consider trying to rebuild the
> existing tables to be built without OID.

As things are currently set up, a table that's uselessly using OIDs
isn't going to have any serious impact on any other table.  It might be
worth doing ALTER .... SET WITHOUT OIDS just to save the microseconds
required to generate an OID for each insert --- but I don't see another
reason.

Сообщение: Re: Best Procedural Language?
Сообщение: Re: Best Procedural Language?