Re: BUG #1883: Renaming a schema leaves inconsistent sequence

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #1883: Renaming a schema leaves inconsistent sequence
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 10:29:21PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> (wanders off, wondering if a "regclass" literal value would help ...)

> Wouldn't it be easy to create a nextval(oid) function, and have SERIAL
> emit that instead?

Well, for one thing, "nextval(583726163)" isn't likely to dump and
restore nicely.  Making the literal be type regclass rather than bare
OID will probably help that, but I'm not sure it's a 100% solution.
If I recall the previous discussions correctly there were still some
gotchas :-(