Re: ERROR: 42601: a column definition list is only allowed for functions returning "record"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ERROR: 42601: a column definition list is only allowed for functions returning "record"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Gopal" <gopal@getmapping.com> writes:
> I am using c# and npgsql 1.0 (same behaviour with 0.7) to call a
> function that has 6 input parameters and 4 output parameters.
> When I call .ExecuteNonQuery(), I get the following message
> ERROR: 42601: a column definition list is only allowed for functions
> returning "record"

I think you need a newer version of npgsql, ie, one that understands
about OUT parameters.  It sounds to me like it is noticing the function
result type is RECORD and it doesn't realize that that doesn't mean
it has to specify the output column types in the query.