Re: Typo in README.barrier

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Typo in README.barrier
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> writes:
>>> You may want to hold on until 14beta1 is tagged, though.

>> Of course we can wait till that day but I wonder why.

> I imagined that would be a good idea for more risky patches so we
> don't break something before a good round of buildfarm testing.
> However, since this is just a README, I didn't think it would have
> mattered. Maybe there's another reason I'm overlooking?

Generally it's considered poor form to push any inessential patches
during a release window (which I'd define roughly as 48 hours before
the wrap till after the tag is applied).  It complicates the picture
for the final round of buildfarm testing, and if we have to do a
re-wrap then we're faced with the question of whether to back out
the patch.

In this case, it being just a README, I agree there's no harm done.
But we've been burnt by "low risk" patches before, so I'd tend to
err on the side of caution during a release window.