Re: Why select 1 where current_date = 'infinity'; doesn't work?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Why select 1 where current_date = 'infinity'; doesn't work?
Дата
Re: Why select 1 where current_date = 'infinity'; doesn't work?
Список pgsql-general
"Francisco Figueiredo Jr." <francisco@npgsql.org> writes:
>> ERROR:  invalid input syntax for type date: "infinity"
>> I thought I could use it anywhere in my sql.

No, only timestamps support infinity.

We do have a TODO item to allow type date to do that too.  It's been asked
for often enough, not sure why it hasn't happened.  Seems easy enough,
maybe I'll go do it.