Re: Calling PL functions with named parameters

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Calling PL functions with named parameters
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Jim C. Nasby" <decibel@decibel.org> writes:
> IOW, their function resolution code treats a(int, int default 0) as
> being equivalent to a(int) and a(int, int).

So you are willing to prohibit a(int) from existing in parallel with
a(int, int-with-a-default) ?

I'll be interested to see the unique-index scheme for pg_proc to enforce
that ;-)

However this does point up the fact that there already *is* a way to
accomplish the task, which is just to create some helper function(s) to
supply the default(s).  Perhaps we can leave it at that for the time
being, and concentrate on adding real new functionality.