Re: Users and multiple server environment

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Users and multiple server environment
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Michael Long <mlong@datalong.com> writes:
> I now have 2 versions of postgres running on one box (7.3.2 and 8.0b3)
> each listening on a different port. When creating a database, user or
> schema in 8.0 that exists in 7.3.2 I get an error saying it already
> exists. Can I have only one of each of these per server or am I missing
> something?

You're missing something.  Check which port you are actually talking to.

I do this all the time --- my development machine standardly has half a
dozen postmasters running on it, one for each major release 7.0-current.
They do not impinge on each other at all.  It helps to build each
release from source so that you can set a different install prefix and
default port number for each one.