Re: BUG #18261: Inconsistent results of SELECT affected by joined subqueries

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #18261: Inconsistent results of SELECT affected by joined subqueries
Дата
Re: BUG #18261: Inconsistent results of SELECT affected by joined subqueries  (Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com> writes:
> I've looked into it a bit.  The problem lies in how the SJE code handles
> the transfer of qual clauses from the removed relation to the remaining
> one.

I am definitely starting to think that the SJE patch was not ready
for prime time.  We keep finding not only minor but major problems
in it --- I'd call this one a "major" one.  Is it time to revert
and rethink it from scratch?

> If we determine that avoiding duplicates is necessary,  I think at least
> we should compare the entire RestrictInfos not just their clauses.  One
> challenge with this approach is that the 'rinfo_serial' usually differs,
> making direct comparison problematic.  I'm wondering if we can make
> 'rinfo_serial' equal_ignore.  Not too sure about that.

I'd say that that will break the cases rinfo_serial was introduced for.
Now, I certainly don't love rinfo_serial and would be happier if we
could do without it, but getting rid of it is another research project.