Re: RPM: Contrib request.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: RPM: Contrib request.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> But, in the instance of pg_dumplo -- can I get some ideas on it?  Should
>> it be shipped as a separate package, or in the -server subpackage, or??

> It shouldn't be packaged at all because it's not necessary.  (pg_dump
> dumps large objects.)

The reason pg_dumplo is still there at all is that it might be handy for
forward compatibility for people who are using pg_dumplo with 7.0.
(Yeah, I know it wasn't *in* the 7.0 release, but I've been sending out
7.0-compatible copies to anyone who asked about LO dumping lately.)

I don't think pg_dumplo will be around for very many releases, but it
deserves to stay in contrib for a little while yet.

Meanwhile, it's not the RPMs' place to editorialize on which contrib
items are useful.  Package 'em all, unless we hit build problems.