Re: 7.3.4 freezing

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 7.3.4 freezing
Дата
Re: 7.3.4 freezing  ("scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>)
Список pgsql-general
=?iso-8859-1?q?MaRCeLO=20PeReiRA?= <gandalf_mp@yahoo.com.br> writes:
> It isn't the case! I can do everything without
> problem, and without losing performance. The main
> problem is the postmaster daemon, that die. (really
> ;-)

That's pretty hard to believe (we've not had a postmaster-crashing bug
in a long time), and it's even harder to believe that the symptoms would
be as you describe if it did.  if the postmaster wasn't there, psql
connection attempts would fail immediately with "connection refused" or
similar messages.