Re: Can't connect (2 dbs) or login (2 others)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Can't connect (2 dbs) or login (2 others)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Morris Goldstein" <morris.x.goldstein@gmail.com> writes:
> We've recovered. There is root cause analysis going on. The question is
> whether I can use an argument about 8.0 vs. 7.4 reliability from this fiasco
> to help us get to 8.0.
> 8.0 actually is more reliable than 7.4, I assume.

I don't know that I'd make that argument for those two versions.
If you compare 7.4.x to 8.2.x, then yes I'd say the later version
is noticeably more stable.  If nothing else, its ability to defend
itself against transaction wraparound is a big leg up over 7.4.