Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2023-02-06 18:17:02 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> First, as a matter of principle, it would introduce another level of
>> gatekeeping power.  Right now, the committers are as a group in charge of
>> what gets into the tree.  Adding commit hooks that are installed
>> somewhere(?) by someone(?) and can only be seen by some(?) would upset that.
>> If we were using something like github or gitlab (not suggesting that, but
>> for illustration), then you could put this kind of thing under .github/ or
>> similar and then it would be under the same control as the source code
>> itself.

> Well, we did talk about adding a pre-commit hook to the repository, with
> instructions for how to enable it. And I don't see a problem with adding the
> pre-receive we're discussing here to src/tools/something.

Yeah.  I don't think we are seriously considering putting any restrictions
in place on gitmaster --- the idea is to offer better tools to committers
to let them check/fix the indentation of what they are working on.  If
somebody wants to run that as a local pre-commit hook, that's their choice.