Re: libpq: Which functions may hang due to network issues?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: libpq: Which functions may hang due to network issues?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Daniel Frey <d.frey@gmx.de> writes:
> With all that said, I think that PostgreSQL/libpq should have a clear, documented way to get rid of a connection that
isguaranteed to not hang. It has something similar for almost all other methods like opening connections, sending
request,retrieving results. Why stop there?

AFAICS, PQfinish() already acts that way, at least up to the same level of
guarantee as you have for "all other methods".  That is, if you previously
set the connection into nonblock mode, it won't block.

От: Dilip Kumar
Сообщение: Re: Max connections reached without max connections reached
От: Daniel Frey
Сообщение: Re: libpq: Which functions may hang due to network issues?