Re: BUG #6719: PG shouldn't filter on same criteria as index search

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #6719: PG shouldn't filter on same criteria as index search
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
blove319@hotmail.com writes:
> After doing an equality search on an indexed field, PG is doing a filter on
> the same value using a regex.  That appears to be a useless operation that
> will only consume cpu cycles.

Getting rid of the filter expression isn't really worth the trouble.

If we had done the transformation of regexes to index conditions in a
different way, it might be practical to suppress the redundant test,
but given the way the code is structured we can't easily.