Re: pgsql-server/ /configure /configure.in rc/incl ...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql-server/ /configure /configure.in rc/incl ...
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org> writes:
> That said, what was the performance gain of moving
> from select() to poll()?  It wasn't the biggest optimization in
> PostgreSQL history, nor the smallest, but it was a step forward.  -sc

That change was not sold as a performance improvement; I doubt that it
is one.  It was sold as not failing when libpq runs inside an
application that has thousands of open files (i.e., more than select()
can cope with).  "Faster" is debatable, "fails" is not...