install ipc-daemon and postmaster as Windows services

От Mimi Wu
Тема install ipc-daemon and postmaster as Windows services
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
I installed postgreSQL7.4 on Windows XP. I rebooted the machine, and could not log into psql any more. I have to go through ./configure,  make, make install .... all over again.  I guess that I need to install ipc-daemon and postmaster as Windows services. I find some instruction from internet as follows:

 $ ipc-daemon --install-as-service
 $ cygrunsrv --install postmaster --path /usr/bin/postmaster --args "-D /usr/share/postgresql/data -i" --dep c-daemon -- msig  --user postgres --shutdown
 $ cygrunsrv -S ipc-daemon # actually this step is optional
 $ cygrunsrv -S postmaster

I notice that ipc-daemon should be ipc-daemon2 in vs. 7.4. But I cannot find cygrunsrv in path/usr/bin/ directory. Can you tell me whether above scripts are still valid for installing postgreSQL7.4? If they are, what is the equivalent for cygrunsrv? If they are not, what are the scripts for installing ipc-daemon and postmaster as Windows services?

Thanks

Mimi