Re: Parsing config files in a directory

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Parsing config files in a directory
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com> writes:
> The sketched out design I have for a contrib/pgtune in C presumes that I'd
> start by refactoring the relevant bits from initdb into a library for both
> programs to use.  But the initdb code doesn't care about preserving
> existing values when making changes to them; it just throws in its new
> settings and moves along.  So what's there already only handles about half
> the annoying parts most people would expect a tuning tool that reads the
> existing file and operates on it to do.

> Also, I wouldn't be surprised to find that it chokes on some real-world
> postgresql.conf files.  The postgresql.conf.sample it's being fed is
> fairly pristine.

Indeed.  Why in the world are you looking at initdb?  The standard
reference for postgresql.conf-reading code, by definition, is
guc-file.l.  I think the odds of building something that works right,
without borrowing that same flex logic, are about nil.

Сообщение: Re: Parsing config files in a directory
Сообщение: Re: Parsing config files in a directory