Re: jdbc ResultSetMetaData::isWritable()

От Rene Pijlman
Тема Re: jdbc ResultSetMetaData::isWritable()
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Mon, 3 Sep 2001 22:01:17 -0500, you wrote:
>public boolean isWritable(int column) throws SQLException
>{
>        if (isReadOnly(column))
>                return true;
>        else
>                return false;
>}

The author probably intended:

    public boolean isWritable(int column) throws SQLException
    {
        return !isReadOnly(column);
    }

And if he would have coded it this way he wouldn't have made
this mistake :-)

>hence, isWritable() will always return false. this is something
>of a problem :)

Why exactly? In a way, true is just as incorrect as false, and
perhaps it should throw "not implemented". But I guess that
would be too non-backwardly-compatible.

>let me know if i can provide further information.

Will you submit a patch?

Regards,
René Pijlman <rene@lab.applinet.nl>