Re: PostgreSQL & latest Mac OS Sonoma, a possible bug / configuration issue

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostgreSQL & latest Mac OS Sonoma, a possible bug / configuration issue
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL & latest Mac OS Sonoma, a possible bug / configuration issue  (Arnd Baranowski <baranowski@oculeus.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Arnd Baranowski <baranowski@oculeus.com> writes:
> I have a MacBook Pro 16 inch with M3 Max in the base configuration (48 gig RAM, 1 terabyte HD). Operating System
macOSthe latest Sonoma 14.3. I use the latest Postgres 14 installed via brew in the standard configuration. From time
totime (every second or third week) I use to reboot the Mac and since several weeks now (the last 4 reboots at least) I
losedata of the database when rebooting and I fall back to a state of several days ahead of the reboot. This affects
structureand data added. I cover this via backups and it looks that data is kept in memory rather than written to the
database.Beside this Mac and Postgres run fine.

Hmm, what have you got the fsync and wal_sync_method GUCs set to?
What was the last macOS version that was stable for you?

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18312: libpq: PQsetdbLogin() not thread-safe
От: Arnd Baranowski
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL & latest Mac OS Sonoma, a possible bug / configuration issue