Re: PITR Archive Recovery plus WIP PITR

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PITR Archive Recovery plus WIP PITR
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> I think it's really important to get this right the first time, both for
>> reliability's sake and because we are expecting people to write their
>> own archiving scripts.  If we change the xlog segment naming convention
>> later on, then we will break all those scripts.

> We don't have anything hardcoded based on those file names, at last in
> PostgreSQL.

That's because we've punted the whole problem of archive-segment
management off to the users.

If we did implement this functionality ourselves then I'd be less
worried, since we'd know that future changes would affect only our
own code.  But as things stand, we will have very unhappy PITR users
if we change the naming convention later.