Re: BUG #1093: wrong handling of additional parameters in init script

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #1093: wrong handling of additional parameters in init script
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"PostgreSQL Bugs List" <pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org> writes:
> Version for PostgreSQL 7.3.x contains some logic based on the name of script
> NAME=`basename $0`
> I assume, it is for support of multiple postmasters using additional files
> /etc/sysconfig/pgsql/${NAME}

> But this variable is dependable of whether this script was called by hand
> from its main location as postgresql (or using RedHat's 'service postgresql
> start') or from /etc/rc.d/rc (through symlink as S85postgresql)

The version I'm looking at (7.4) works around that as follows:

# Find the name of the script
NAME=`basename $0`
if [ ${NAME:0:1} = "S" -o ${NAME:0:1} = "K" ]
then
    NAME=${NAME:3}
fi

which is pretty darn ugly but seems like it will serve.