Re: When to drop src/tools/msvc support

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: When to drop src/tools/msvc support
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Here's a draft docs change.

> I added the <warning/> in two places in install-windows.sgml so it's visible
> on both the generated pages in the chunked output. That does mean it's visible
> twice nearby in the single-page output, but I don't think that's commonly
> used.

I don't agree with placing that first hunk before the para that tells
people to use a binary distribution, as it's completely irrelevant
if they take that advice.  I'm not really sure we need it at all,
because quite a bit of the text right after that is not specific to using
the src/tools/msvc scripts either.  I think the <warning> under "Building
with <productname>Visual C++</productname> ..." is sufficient.

The other two changes look fine.