Re: Broken link in pgcrypto documentation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Broken link in pgcrypto documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> On Tue, Feb 13, 2024 at 7:12 PM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
>> However, I wonder if we aren't better off removing the "Useful Reading" section
>> altogether?  The field of crypto is continuously advancing and keeping a stale
>> 10+ year old list of links is unlikely to provide more insights than what more
>> curated sites can do.

> +1. I don't think it's the job of a postgres contrib module to maintain that.

+1.  We haven't maintained that list in the past and it seems unlikely
that we'll get better at it.

I'm a little dubious about the "Technical References" list right below
it, too.  The RFC references are probably useful and stable, and maybe
the wikipedia ref is OK, but I have little faith in either the
stability or the long-term relevance of the other two links.

Сообщение: Re: Broken link in pgcrypto documentation
Сообщение: Re: Broken link in pgcrypto documentation