Re: pgsql: Raise maximum value of several timeout parameters

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Raise maximum value of several timeout parameters
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> On 03/17/2011 02:25 PM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Raise maximum value of several timeout parameters

> Did we not intend to backpatch this? The max_standby_*_delay settings
> are particularly worrisome to me, and ISTM there's a good case for
> calling these just bugs. Surely nobody is relying on the maximum value
> being 35 minutes.

I would argue that this isn't a bug fix: the code was operating as
designed.  What it is is a feature improvement, and one that has nonzero
risk of introducing new bugs.  So I vote for no backpatch.  Let it make
its way into the world after a beta cycle.