Re: Date created for tables

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Date created for tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Chloe Dives <Chloe.Dives@cantabcapital.com> writes:
> Having moved to PostgreSQL from Oracle a few years ago I have been generally very impressed by Postgres, but there
area few things that I still miss. One of those is being able to see the created and last modified dates for database
objects.
> Is this something that has been considered for implementation?

It's been considered, and rejected, many times.  Aside from the overhead
involved, there are too many different ideas of what such dates ought to
mean (e.g., what should happen during dump/restore? does a failed
transaction update last-modified? etc etc).  You can search the
project's mailing list archives if you want to read the prior discussions.