Re: Improve readability by using designated initializers when possible

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Improve readability by using designated initializers when possible
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 18.03.24 11:01, jian he wrote:
> select relname from pg_class where relisshared and relkind = 'r';
>          relname
>   pg_database
>   pg_db_role_setting
>   pg_tablespace
>   pg_auth_members
>   pg_shdepend
>   pg_shdescription
>   pg_replication_origin
>   pg_shseclabel
>   pg_parameter_acl
> (11 rows)
>
> EventTriggerSupportsObject should return false for the following:
> SharedSecLabelRelationId
> SharedDescriptionRelationId
> DbRoleSettingRelationId
> SharedDependRelationId
>
> but I am not sure ReplicationOriginRelationId.

EventTriggerSupportsObject() (currently named
EventTriggerSupportsObjectClass()) is only used by the deletion code,
and these additional classes are not supported there anyway.  Also, if
they happen to show up there for some reason, then
EventTriggerSQLDropAddObject() would error out in
getObjectIdentityParts() or getObjectTypeDescription().  So you wouldn't
get an event trigger firing on a previously unsupported class by
accident.  So I think this is robust enough.