Re: BUG #4128: The postmaster.opts.default file is begin ignored

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #4128: The postmaster.opts.default file is begin ignored
Дата
Re: BUG #4128: The postmaster.opts.default file is begin ignored  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-bugs
"Gary Jay Peters" <gary@webdms.com> writes:
> As I understand it, the only the "pg_ctl" command uses the
> "postmaster.opts.default" file; it uses the arguments
> within "postmaster.opts.default" when spawning the "postmaster" process.

Actually, I'd vote for ripping out that "feature" altogether.
That file has nothing whatever to recommend it, compared to editing
postgresql.conf --- it's no easier certainly, and you'll never be
able to change any options it sets without a postmaster restart.
We've mostly deprecated setting options on the postmaster command
line already, so why do we need another obscure way to do that?