Re: Forgive trailing semicolons inside of config files

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Forgive trailing semicolons inside of config files
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Looks like we could make this easier in core postgres by adding one more
> sd_notify() call, with something like
> STATUS=reload failed due to syntax error in file "/srv/dev/pgdev-dev/postgresql.conf" line 821, near end of line

Seems reasonable to investigate.  The systemd camel's nose is already
inside our tent, so we might as well consider more systemd-specific
hacks to improve the user experience.  But it seems like we'd need
some careful thought about just which messages to report.