Re: [HACKERS] check with serial

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] check with serial
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On 05/02/2017 10:13 PM, Vaishnavi Prabakaran wrote:
>> And, now after your patch, do we still need "installcheck-parallel"
>> command? It is redundant IMO, just give a thought.

> I'd be quite happy to remove the target in favor of this more general
> solution.

-1 --- that will break a lot of existing habits to no purpose, not to
mention creating complications for scripts used to test multiple branches.
We have intentionally maintained backwards compatibility in these testing
targets for a very long time, even though that's left us with
inconsistencies like installcheck defaulting to serial while check
defaults to parallel.  Adding a new capability is not an excuse for
breaking the historical test targets.