Re: Fetching rows from a cursor returned by a stored function

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Fetching rows from a cursor returned by a stored function
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com> writes:
> It might even work to execute FETCH FORWARD ALL for the cursor with a
> non-zero fetchsize (and let the driver manage incremental fetches) but
> I'm not sure what the behaviour of a non-zero row limit on a FETCH query
> is at the protocol level..

[ digs in code... ]  It looks like the behavior would be to (a)
materialize the entire result of FETCH FORWARD ALL inside the backend,
then (b) hand back the number of rows you requested.  Probably not what
you want :-(.  I'd suggest issuing successive "FETCH n" commands and
ignoring the protocol-level limit feature.