Re: Using psql -f to load a UTF8 file

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Using psql -f to load a UTF8 file
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Alan Millington <admillington@yahoo.co.uk> writes:
> I am running Postgres 8.4.1 on Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3. My database is UTF8. I use psql -f to load
filescontaining DDL and DML commands. I discovered a long time ago that psql does not like UTF8 files: it complains
aboutthe byte order mark on the first line. Up to now I have worked round that by making sure that the files were saved
aswhat Microsoft calls "ANSI". However, that option is not available if I want to insert data which includes non-ASCII
characters.

FWIW, psql 9.0 and later will ignore an initial BOM if the client
encoding is UTF8.

От: Leif Biberg Kristensen
Сообщение: Re: Using psql -f to load a UTF8 file
От: Leif Biberg Kristensen
Сообщение: Re: Using psql -f to load a UTF8 file