Re: [HACKERS] PID of backend

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PID of backend
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>>> Postgres 6.5 backend (current CVS) stop answering query

>>> every 300 000 cursor allocation so I wish to restart it every 100 000
>>> is there a way to do it simple than
>>> kill  `ps ax | awk .....`

Why in the world do you want to use kill at all?  If you want to get
rid of your current backend, just close the connection.  I really doubt
that killing the postmaster is necessary or appropriate.

(Of course the real answer is to find a way to avoid the memory leak that
I suppose you are running into.  But you haven't given us enough info
to offer any advice in that direction.)

> I need something usable inside program other than scanning process table.

There is a libpq function that will tell you the PID of the currently
connected backend: PQbackendPID.  But it's not usually good for much
except debugging purposes.