Re: Unary Operators

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Unary Operators
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Andreas Ulbrich <andreas.ulbrich@matheversum.de> writes:
> In the documentation I can't find, that / is not possible as an unary
> operator.
> Are there any restrictions.

Yeah, if you look in the bison grammar you'll find out that the operators
with special precedence are hard-wired as to which syntaxes are allowed:

+ -                   prefix or infix
* / % ^ < > =        infix only

It's possible that if we just added some more productions these could be
used in nonstandard ways.  But I think interest in that is really pretty
low, and it might lead to behavior that would be surprising to people
who aren't interested in using them in weird ways.