Re: Large number of open(2) calls with bulk INSERT into empty table

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Large number of open(2) calls with bulk INSERT into empty table
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Yikes!  A table with 4 bytes of useful data is consuming 40kB on disk
> - 8kB in the main form, 8kB in the VM fork, and 24kB in the FSM fork.
> Ouch!

Yeah, ouch.  Why is the FSM fork eating so much space --- I'd have
expected 8k there, but 24?

Also, if VACUUM is going to cause the FSM to be created anyway, there
may not be a lot of point to refraining from creating the first page
right away.