Re: Data transfer very slow when connected via DSL

От Rainer Bauer
Тема Re: Data transfer very slow when connected via DSL
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
I wrote:

>Hello Harald,
>
>>I do not have a solution, but I can confirm the problem :)
>
>At least that rules out any misconfiguration issues :-(

I did a quick test with my application and enabled the ODBC logging.

Fetching the 50 rows takes 12 seconds (without logging 8 seconds) and
examining the log I found what I suspected: the performance is directly
related to the ping time to the server since fetching one tuple requires a
round trip to the server.

Rainer

PS: I wonder why pgAdminIII requires twice the time to retrieve the data.