Re: float4/float8/int64 passed by value with tsearchfixup

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: float4/float8/int64 passed by value with tsearchfixup
Дата
Re: float4/float8/int64 passed by value with tsearchfixup  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-patches
>> Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Specifically, I think what you missed is that on some platforms C
>>> functions pass or return float values differently from similar-sized
>>> integer or pointer values (typically, the float values get passed in
>>> floating-point registers).

> Hum. That's a valid concern for some platforms, Sparc I think?
> But I'm skeptical that it would hit such a wide swathe of the build
> farm.

I was wondering about that too, once it became obvious that (almost?)
everything was failing not just some platforms.  However, this
afternoon's CVS HEAD *does* pass the seg regression test for me on HPPA,
and I presume it passed on whatever Alvaro is using (btw, what was
that?).  So there's definitely a platform dependency involved and not
just you-missed-a-pointer-someplace.

Сообщение: Re: float4/float8/int64 passed by value with tsearchfixup
Сообщение: Re: float4/float8/int64 passed by value with tsearchfixup