Re: unclear description for the Pattern Modifiers in formatting functions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: unclear description for the Pattern Modifiers in formatting functions
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Marc Mamin <M.Mamin@intershop.de> writes:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/functions-formatting.html#FUNCTIONS-FORMATTING-DATETIMEMOD-TABLE
> The page suggests that the pattern modifiers (e.g. 'FM') only apply for Date/Time Format.

There are two separate tables (9-23, 9-25) showing which modifiers apply
for date/time and numeric cases, so I think it is fine as-is.

Mind you, the whole page is rather awkward.  Perhaps it would benefit from
being thrown away and rewritten from scratch.  I'm not volunteering though.