Re: COMMENT ON

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: COMMENT ON
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> COMMENT ON AGGREGATE my_aggregate double precision IS 'Computes
>> sample variance';
>>
>> works but looks strange syntax. Should we fix the program or docs?

> I vote for fixing the program.

If we fix this, we should also change DROP AGGREGATE, which also uses
the paren-less syntax.  (I think the COMMENT ON syntax was modeled on
DROP.)

I'd be in favor of changing, but we do need to maintain consistency.

Another issue is that pg_dump knows about using both of these
commands... we'll have a compatibility problem if we don't continue
to accept the old syntax for awhile.