Re: postgresql-7.1.3 pg_ctl password authentication and startup

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: postgresql-7.1.3 pg_ctl password authentication and startup
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
> Can I get comments on this?

Ugh.

> It allows storage of a super-user password
> in a file under /data that gets passed in psql.  I don't like the fact
> the password is stored unencrypted

Entirely unacceptable IMHO.  We just spent a large amount of work to
eliminate the need to keep any unencrypted passwords inside $PGDATA
... and this patch proposes to sling one right back in there, in an
easy-to-find place no less.  Mess up the protection on $PGDATA, and
you've given away the store.

pg_ctl is certainly in need of work for systems that use password
security, but this is not a good fix.

Сообщение: Re: psql: default base and password reading
Сообщение: Re: psql: default base and password reading