Re: [HACKERS] temp table oddness?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] temp table oddness?
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] temp table oddness?  (Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Yep.  Wouldn't the best way be to have the temp system record the
> transaction id used, and to invalidate all temp entries associated with
> an aborted transaction.  That is how the cache code works, so it seems
> it should be extended to the temp code.

Yeah, that would work -- add an xact abort cleanup routine that goes
through the temprel list and removes entries added during the current
transaction.

AFAICS this only explains the coredump-at-exit business, though.
I'm particularly baffled by that
ERROR:  cannot find attribute 1 of relation pg_temp.24335.3
in my last example --- do you understand why that's happening?

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] temp table oddness?
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] temp table oddness?