Re: [HACKERS] Proposal: Local indexes for partitioned table

От Jesper Pedersen
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Proposal: Local indexes for partitioned table
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Alvaro,

On 12/20/2017 04:25 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> I modified the regression test so that a partitioning hierarchy would be
> left behind after the test is run, which is useful to test pg_upgrade
> and pg_dump -- this caught one small bug.  That and some reading of the
> diff resulted in v8, attach.
>
> On my system, make check-world passes.  However, Thomas Munro's
> automated patch tester seems to have a problem with the pg_upgrade test,
> though I don't know what it is.

Passes check-world here too w/ TAP + cassert.

index.c:

+       values[Anum_pg_index_indparentidx - 1 ] =
ObjectIdGetDatum(parentIndexOid);

Extra space.

tab-complete.c:

Contains references to DETACH.

create_index.sgml:

I think the new paragraph should mention the naming convention of the
generated indexes, as they may differ from the index name on the
partition table.

reindex.sgml:

Missing a note about REINDEX not being supported on the partition index.

Best regards,
  Jesper