Re: audit table containing Select statements submitted

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: audit table containing Select statements submitted
Дата
Re: audit table containing Select statements submitted  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> Hmmm ... I don't see this as a problem.  Just stick the whole message into
> a single XML field.  This is one area where XML is easier that SQL; since
> it's a document format, it has no problem with a great big blob of text.
> "Unstructured Data" and all that nonsense.

> Then whatever utility the user uses to *read* the XML can parse the message
> according to the user's desires.  It'll still be an improvement over the
> current format for log digestion, since it will become easy to separate
> the message from the prefix and tag (which currently it's not).

This argument strikes me as nonsense.  You've got a utility that's smart
enough to parse the very-free-format message bodies, but it's going to
be too confused by the log line prefix?

> The only real issue I see is the possibility of XML codes embedded in the
> text, but that seems minor.

Hardly minor, as anyone who is so in love with XML that he'd want to use
it for this would likely also have lots of XML tags in his data.

Сообщение: Re: audit table containing Select statements submitted
Сообщение: Re: audit table containing Select statements submitted