Re: Proposal for supporting outer joins in 7.1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Proposal for supporting outer joins in 7.1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> SELECT ... FROM (a cross join b) cross join c
> I'm not sure whether the above is the syntax you plan to use, but it looks
> a little too much like:
> SELECT ... FROM (select * from a cross join b) as z cross join c
> which has a quite different meaning to any kind of outer join,

Huh?  AFAIK they mean exactly the same thing, modulo a few issues about
visibility of columns.  In any case you'll have to take your complaint
to ISO, because that's what the spec says the syntaxes are.

> I don;t think that support for this kind of query is implemented,

Not yet, but it's certainly on the TODO list.  I'm not seriously
thinking about getting subselect-in-FROM done in this go-round,
though.