Re: Explicitly skip TAP tests under Meson if disabled

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Explicitly skip TAP tests under Meson if disabled
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander@timescale.com> writes:
> Personally I like the change. It makes the output more explicit. In my
> use cases not running TAP tests typically is not something I want . So
> I would appreciate being warned with a long list of bright yellow
> "SKIP" messages. If I really want to skip TAP tests these messages are
> just informative and don't bother me.

+1 for counting such tests as "skipped" in the summary.  -1 for
emitting a message per skipped test.  If I'm intentionally not
running those tests, that would be very annoying noise, and
potentially would obscure messages I actually need to see.

(And about -100 for emitting such messages in yellow.  Doesn't
anybody who codes this stuff have a clue about vision problems?)