Re: Numeric x^y for negative x

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Numeric x^y for negative x
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dean Rasheed <dean.a.rasheed@gmail.com> writes:
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2021 at 16:19, Dean Rasheed <dean.a.rasheed@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for looking. Barring any further comments, I'll push this in a few days.

> So I have been testing this a lot over the last couple of days, and I
> have concluded that the patch works well as far as it goes, but I did
> manage to construct another case where numeric_power() loses
> precision. I think, though, that it would be better to tackle that as
> a separate patch.

It looks like castoroides is not happy with this patch:

https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=castoroides&dt=2021-08-01%2008%3A52%3A43

Maybe there's some hidden C99 dependency in what you did?
Although pademelon, which is one of our other pre-C99
dinosaurs, doesn't seem to be unhappy.